[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[Fistly, people wrote code in pure binary language. Then assembly were invented and later they wrote higher level languages in assembly.]

 > With whatever C compiler the gcc developer had at that time.

 > It probably wasn't.  The first ever compiler was most likely written
 > in assembler.  Later on the first compiler for a new language has
 > usually been written in some other language.

Yeah I knew that. Anyone know a good book on assembly language?

http://asm.sourceforge.net/ is a good site. I've used it a great deal in the past. It has references to various Linux's and FreeBSD.

The evolution of programming. Can someone give me a link?