Pick up a copy of:
The Unix Programming Environment by Kernigan and Pike.

        -Derek

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 10:16:20AM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> >  I need a reference manual or specification for sh.
> >  Where can I find it?
>
>       In you mean within FreeBSD, try:
>
>       man sh
>
>       or
>
>       man builtin,
>
>       As a user, the O'Reilly _UNIX in a Nutshell_ I bought many
> years ago was a very wise investment.
>       If you want to hack the code ... the start with the code.  And
> good luck.
>

>                               Robert Huff

I need any online complete manual on sh, not a brief as it is man sh.
The last one doesn't describe many features both interactive (command line
editing, using history interactively, and many others)
and scripting (for example, conditional expressions).

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.