I'm sure this is a simply question that most people can answer, but I could use a
little help.  I'm trying to make a transfer from Microsoft systems to Unix systems,
and am now trying to learn FreeBSD.  To this end, I have used the MINI-ISO
installation CD and FTP server to get my BSD box up and running.  I have select only
the package that I plan on using for the installation.  X is up and running using twm,
but I can't seem to get GNOME to run.  I used the "make clean" followed by "make clean
install" method to install GNOME, and it seemed to work.  My basic question is how do
I start GNOME?  I've tried used gnome-session, but that doesn't seem to work
correctly.  I've used the 'startx' script to access X, then tried 'gnome-session' from
a xterm windows, but that didn't work quite right either.  Any ideas you can give me
would be greatly helpful.  Thanks!

MtnDog

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com