Fbsd needs SAN support before it can cope with
virtualization..virtualization requires a lot of disk..spindles..and
FCP/iSCSI is a great way to drive this condensation.

I mean..when you have to read this list, and see people wonder which
end of a SAN connection owns the responsibility for fsck'ing a SAN
filesystem, I wonder how quickly I can bone up on Linux.

In ten years at Network Appliance..wanna know exactly how many FreeBSD
host installs ive seen besides Yahoo?

2.

How many -non- Linux SAN configurations?  Probly 80% of all SAN I see
and work with are Linux based.

Fbsd NFS client performance is 1/3'd that of a tuned linux box, can
you say ../..?  If you can, you know what its like to never have a
valid directory attr cache on your mounts.  (ick)  Automount...dont
even go there.

Im in this for the long haul..I like Fbsd, and as long s lynx and
apache still work on it, im happy.  As for the future..I just dont see
much serious future there unless it grows up.

Rememer when Linux couldnt do _crap_ and Fbsd 2.5 was the bomb?  I
do...I want like to see that again.

<http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200611/110706Mozilla.html>.
> So, I expect the latest version of Adobe's Flash Player to be supported
> on all Unix platforms to some extent in the future. Sound support will
> be interesting though.

But I use Opera?? And It needs to work with youtube, without crashing
and without install headaches. 'cd /usr/ports/www/flash; make install
clean; exit;' then open browser to youtube.com and go. No library
shuffle or libmap configuring.

>     -Isn't Xen handled by the Xen project and not FreeBSD?

Yes, and they have done their part. Now it's FreeBSD's turn to
integrate the changes needed to the kernel into the kernel to make
Dom0 support work. Linux has it, Solaris has it. NetBSD has it. Mac
has it? FreeBSD does not have it. Server virtualization is the next
big thing and FreeBSD has nothing going for it in this respect... Not
even VMware or any of the other big players works with FreeBSD as a
host OS.

>     Seems like your comment (was related) but off-topic.

It is off-topic... don't really care at this point.