On 1/10/07, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 01:12:46AM -0600, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Rico Secada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> I don't have time to contribute work, I have a business to manage as
> >> well as other obligations that come first... I need this stuff to just
> >> work... so I can get real things done.
> >
> >So you need people to work freely, without any pay, to make things work
> >for you, so you can complain when something isn't working like you
> >want it to!? So you can get real things done!?
> >
> >If you have a business to manage, and just need this to work, made by
> >people who contribute for free, maybe its time you start to pay someone!?
> >

> Repost:
> I'm more then willing to pay real money to support the sub-projects
> that are of interest to me. I need to see some real progress being
> made in return though. Feel free to start working on any of the
> problems I listed. When you have something to show me I'll send some
> cash. Maybe core needs to make it easier to direct are funds to the
> sub-projects of are choice and still qualify it as a deductible
> expense.

You know how unconvincing that sounds, right?  What successful
projects have you paid the authors for after the fact, in the past?

Ok then. Start with a written plan with measurable goals and
milestones. As far as passed sub-projects I've helped fund... not many
as it's not tax deductible. And If I send money to the main project
(this is tax deductible) I have no control over the distribution of my
funds to the people or sub-projects I want to support. It's a no win
situation. Solve it and you'll solve your funding problems. How does
Linux handle these types of funding issues?