mfi(4) is the SAS driver for newer LSI/AMI controllers in the 9th gen Dell and probably some stand-alone boards on the market.

It's relatively new. Be sure you're running a new RELENG_6 snapshot for quality support.

Also, let me know if you can get the Linux Emulation based CLI in ports/sysutils to work. It doesn't work for me and I don't have a lot of free time to punt around with it (ktrace).

~BAS