On 11/01/07, Jeff Mohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The basic reason is that a ../.. walk invalidates cached metadata, and
you end up with a pipe full of getattr's all of the time.  Freebsd-fs
has discussed this a bit, but no fixing is coming soon.  We use linux
to compile builds, we'd like to use Freebsd, but linux on Filers via
NFS is about 3x faster than the same builds on Fbsd to the same filer.
  ../.. baby.

Did you try different mount options on the FreeBSD clients. I have no idea,
but Linux may have different defaults.

Frem.