Has anyone gotten the port
/usr/ports/mail/antivirus-milter to work?

        The system in question runs FreeBSD5.4 with sendmail and
bogofilter.  Bogofilter is excellent at helping sort messages in
to spam or other folders if you generate a large wordlist.

        One category of junkmail, however, is not true spam.  It
is more a form of hacking in that it tries to implant viruses
like Johny Appleseed only this guy is Johny weedseed.

        I got antivirus-milter to make and install but it
immediately failed when started:

antivirus[53446]: externalcommand()
failed to execve() /system/av/decullotage/uvscan

        I basically said, huh?  After that, it hung and began
telling all remote hosts to try again later.

        The url

http://www.nmt.edu/~wcolburn/antivirus/

is no good any more and there was very little documentation in
the package so I reset everything back to before the
installation.

        This would have been a good counterpart to bogofilter
since the virus bombs usually get past bogofilter.  The ripmime
utility extracts the payload and antivirus-milter is supposed to
reject the message before delivery.

        The other milter I found is milter-bogom.  It is probably
fine, but it duplicates bogofilter's function on a system-wide
basis.

        Any ideas are much appreciated.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer