Tuareg wrote:
> On 1/26/07, eoghan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On 26 Jan 2007, at 17:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> > What is the best blog ap in the ports tree?  I was thinking of
>> > starting a
>> > blog on my server for my Chemistry Students.
Since blogs and wikis are typically written in high-level such as PHP
and Perl, a port to a specific UNIX type OS should not be necessary.  Do
you know about LAMP?  Linux, Apache, MySQL, and ( Perl | PHP).  Scratch
out Linux and you will find that AMP runs anywhere. Call it BSD-AMP if
you like. I expect it will support your blogs and wikis very well.

There is a certain amount of hype about LAMP probably started by some
Linux advocate not realizing that the valuable abstraction is being
obscured.  -BobMc-