Dave Carrera wrote:
Hi All,

Had a little nasty person trying to break my sshd on port 22.

I need to change and open a new port for sshd but i do not know how.

Can one of you kind people help me with this please

Many kind regards

Instead of changing the sshd port, I set a PF rule that only permits port 22 logins from a specific list of IP addresses, where I expect ssh logins from.

This would definitely not work on a production machine, with a lot of people logging in from random IP's, but for a small, private LAN, it works very nicely.

--
-wittig http://www.robertwittig.com/
.       http://robertwittig.net/