OK, I've scoured the archives for an answer with no results. I'm sharing a FAT32 partition between XP and 6.2 Release. The problem is I can mount the drive but only root can write to it (users can just read). I have the following in fstab:

/dev/asd42        /mydos        msdosfs     rw  0 0

I've tried adding the -u or -g option with no luck. I understand that since FAT has no inherent permissions chmod has no effect either (tried it just to be sure) so it must be set from fstab. Any help?

Thanks!

M.G.