Thanks for the suggestion! I did, and it really looks like the script
never gets started.

Permissions:
(/etc/rc.d)$ ls -l cc.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  246 Mar  5 10:11 cc.sh

Script contents:
(/etc/rc.d)$ cat cc.sh
#!/bin/sh
#
# PROVIDE: cc
# REQUIRE: DAEMON

. /etc/rc.subr

touch /tmp/quuuuuuux

name="cc"
rcvar=`set_rcvar`
command="/home/<blah>/cruisecontrol/cruisecontrol.sh"
command_args="&"
cc_user="<blah>"

load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"

Of course, the file /tmp/quuuuuuux never gets created, so the script
isn't running.

-JP