On Wednesday 07 March 2007 07:28, kk kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do you need to include specific commands to periodically process the queue
> with sendmail?  With sendmail I would explicitly (via cron) rerun queue
> processing every 30 minutes or so. Is there any better method to do this in
> sendmail itself. The reason for this question is that some of the mails
> which needs to be delivered to another mail server was not reachable and
> this mail was not processed for 4 days. but when i manually flush the queue
> i am able to send the mail to the RCPT mail server. Any fields i need to
> change in Sendmail for solving this problem.

This should be happening automatically unless you've changed the startup flags
from the defaults in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Read the manpage for rc.sendmail(8). It lists the various options available
for starting sendmail. The default values for these settings are
in /etc/defaults/rc.conf. Unless you've changed them in /etc/rc.conf, every
set of flags contains -q30m which runs the queue every 30 minutes.

Jonathan