Hi Jeffrey,

Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
On my perimeter firewall, I default deny outbound traffic. This cuts off fetching using active FTP. Is there some way that I can tell portupgrade to pass the -p flag to fetch?

I know that I can temporarily change my firewall rules, but I think that it would be a cleaner solution to just tell portupgrade to not use active mode FTP. (Or maybe fetch itself when it fails with active mode ftp should try again with passive).

in /etc/make.conf:

FETCH_CMD?=          /usr/bin/fetch -ApRr

man fetch as well.

Hope this helps!

- Chris