On 3/20/07, Eric F Crist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My ISP tells me it should be prefixlen 126, not 128

On 3/20/07, Björn König <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> Eric F Crist schrieb:
> > [...] I'm performing the configuration as follows:
> >
> > ifconfig gif0 create
> > ifconfig gif0 tunnel <my IPv4 address> <my ISP IPv4 address>
> > ifconfig gif0 inet6 alias aaaa:aaaa:a::a bbbb:bbbb:b::b prefixlen 126
> >
> > When I execute the last command, I get:
> > ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Invalid argument
> >
> > [...]
>
> Use a prefix length of 128 instead of 126.
>
> Regards
> Björn

Sorry for the top post earlier.  I've eliminated the second IP address on
the inet6 ifconfig command, and prefixlen 126 is accepted.  Now I just get
no ping replies accross the gif0 interface.  ifconfig shows all the correct
information, and netstat -rn shows valid routes.  What am I missing?  I
*did* have this working at one time this morning, but I tried to get things
into rc.conf and haven't been able to get it back up.

TIA