Hello,

Having recently moved from Linux (SuSE) to FreeBSD (6.2-p3) I'm wondering what the recommended way of rotating logs (principally postfix and apache). I see that logrotate, with which I'm familiar, is in ports. I also see that there is a file /etc/newsyslog.conf, but it looks like newsyslog(8) only knows about HUPping syslogd.

If there is no conventional "BSD way of doing this", I'll just install logrotate and go with what I know, but I thought I would check here first.

Thanks,

-j