On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Gerald Freymann wrote:

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:14:38 -0400
Gerard Seibert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I heard that Vista home was not designed for networking. You might be
better served by checking out an MS News forum regarding this problem. I
have often gotten better results regarding the use of MS products with
non-MS products from there.

Oh no, Vista Home Premium is fine for basic home networks.

After searching samba.org, I believe issues with Vista and Vista printer
sharing are 'improved upon' in later releases, especially samba-3.0.25
(and we are at 3.0.23).

You should update your ports tree. The latest version available is 3.0.24, and
it's recommended because there was a format string error of some kind in
<=3.0.23d.

-Garrett