try:
rm -i *

only answer y to the one you want deleted.

        -Derek

I've made mistake with tar. Something like

tar cvfz --preserve-permissions home.tgz *

or

tar cvfz --preserve-permissions * home.tgz

As result I have a file with name '--preserve-permissions'.
It seems that it's not easy to delete this file.

rm '--preserve-permissions'

does not give the desired result.
What should I do :-)

believed to be clean.