At 06:25 PM 4/4/2007, David Banning wrote:
> >I don't want to use a server. So the router would have to do NAT.
> >Is it possible that way for the outside world to address the
> >printer directly since it has a network address, and not a
> >www IP?
>
> You can probably setup the router to forward the ports used by that
> printer.  The ports you'd need to forward are dependent on the printer
> driver.

Thanks for that Derek. Any idea what good routers could do the job?

Netopia has them that will either bridge or route with a built-in adsl modem.

If you want more routing capability get a better netopia like a 9000 series which you can get with an ethernet interface to connect to any xDSL modem. You can find cheap used ones on ebay.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.