At 09:55 AM 4/10/2007, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

I hate it when a subject doesn't easily present itself ... but ...

Is there something that I'm missing, such that if I add a keyboard to a server *after* rebooting it with no keyboard, that will have that keyboard recognized?

Basically, I have several remote servers, with no keyboards, but if I need a
tech to check something on the console (ie. the ethernet went down for some
reason), when they plug a keyboard back in again, there is no signal until they
actually power cycle the machine ... which of course, is too late to do any
diagnosis :(

Thx ...

This is a limitation of the hardware in the keyboards and the motherboards. The only solution I have found is to use a KVM switch which keeps the keyboard and mouse ports active during bootups.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.