I want to use bind 9 from the ports tree. I see how to prevent the bundled
bind from being built the next time I make world, and I see how to change
the init files et all to use the ports bind9.

What I _don't_ see (and I'm certain it's just my lack of knowledge here),
is a clean way to remove all teh traces of the existing bersion of bind
which was built the last time I did a make world.

Could someone enlighten me?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin