On Saturday 26 May 2007 21:24:58 Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Daniel Molina Wegener wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >    How can I install -CURRENT from -STABLE and work on
> > -CURRENT code from -STABLE?
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Simply put that's not possible to set it up and work on
> -CURRENT code, if you need to test CURRENT, because the
> userland and kernel get installed in the same spots.
>
> It's much wiser to just install CURRENT and STABLE on
> separate partitions / disks and work from there, if you don't
> have access to virtual machines.

  Thanks, now... what can I use as virtual machine?. I mean, I
need something with write access to the virtual machine
filesystem, to work on the -CURRENT code from -STABLE, I think
that I will be losing time compiling editors (emacs) and user
environments two times (Xorg, KDE, etc.).

> -Garrett
> [SNIP]

Regards,
--
 .O. | Daniel Molina Wegener   | C/C++ Developer
 ..O | dmw [at] unete [dot] cl | FOSS Coding Adict