At 1:36 AM +0000 1/26/03, Petersen wrote:
Assuming you have the object files from a buildworld hanging around, then
cd /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/vi
cc -O -pipe -o vi *.o -lncurses -static && strip vi && mv vi /bin/
should probably supply you with what you want.
Two modifications made this work fine:
- I hadn't done a buildworld, but doing the following got the same result:
   cd /usr/src/usr.bin/vi
   make && cc -O -pipe -o vi *.o -lncurses -static && strip vi && mv vi /bin/
- As pointed out off-line, you also need to get it the termcap library. Doing
   cp /usr/share/misc/termcap.db /root/.termcap.db
fixes that.