At 07:01 AM 6/3/2007, you wrote:
I have just installed FreeBSD and found that the nic em0 is set to half-duplex only. Could anyone tell me how I can switch it to full-duplex?
       media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP <half-duplex>)

You should be more concerned that it is only at 10Mb. I'm not sure if the old 10bT protocol even supported full duplex. You definitely need a switch rather than hub to run full duplex, and 100Mb or better may also be required. Once you have that it should auto-detect and enable full duplex, if your other hardware is capable.

  -RW