On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 09:44 AM, Gannater JŠnos wrote:

It seems like my IMAPd is loaded, but not correctly.
How can I tell IMAPd to use my authentication information?
And how should I configure IMAPd?
My problem is that when I try to log in to my accounts from
squirrelmail it says their are not availible. Althought I
used the right password and username.

My guess is either your inetd.conf file or your Squirrel Mail configuration are broken. Here are both for UW Imap.

Server Settings
1. Domain : your domain
2. IMAP Server : localhost
3. IMAP Port : 143
4. Use Sendmail/SMTP : SMTP
6. SMTP Server : localhost
7. SMTP Port : 25
8. Authenticated SMTP : false
9. POP Before SMTP : false
10. Server : uw
11. Invert Time : false
12. Delimiter : detect

This is the entry I use for inetd.conf (which I think is the default).

imap4 stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd

Mike