Tsu-Fan Cheng writes:

>     I run mldonkey (mlnet+gui) on freebsd 6.2 and found it takes
>     up a lot of  CPU resources. Is this a common thing or just
>     me. Also, is there something else, e.g. amule, xmule that
>     runs a little lighters on the system?? thank you!!

        From "top" a -CURRENT system:

 1498 huff          3 116   20 58744K 49708K ucond   40:30  2.83% mlnet-real

        and that seems to be a pretty common value.
        I'm not running the gui, but tracking downloads via the web
interface.

        (As long as we're talking mldonkey - any gurus out there
willing to answer a configuration question?)

                                        Robert Huff