Christopher Key wrote:
I'm trying to establish whether I can expect the Adaptec AAR-1220SA or AAR-1430SA SATA cards to work with 6.2. They're not on the list of supported hardware, which does include a lot of the other Adaptec

Some (maybe all?) of the Adaptec SATA cards used a Silicon Image "SiI" chipset, and were
completely flaky unreliable junk under FBSD (the "DMA timeout" error mentioned
previously.)  I think the ata developer gave up on them, thus their exclusion from the hardware
list.  Check Adaptec's specs and see if you can find the chip set used.

  -RW