On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 22:38, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
> > No, without Xft support, there was no anti-aliasing.  I do have some
> > example fontconfig configurations that selectively disable AA on certain
> > font sizes.  However, it sounded like you wished to revert Mozilla back
> > to the way 1.1 was.
>
> Yes, that's what I wanted.  Maybe I have confused the aa'ing (or rather,
> the lack of it) of huge fonts in 1.1 with something else, I didn't pay
> much attention to such details before when it didn't scream in my face.
> I'd be interested in your fontconfig configurations if they can make the
> antialias mechanism to apply only to fonts over a certain size.

Indeed it can.  The attached ~/.fonts.conf only enables AA on fonts
greater than 16 point.  I encourage you to checkout fontconfig(3) for
more on what you can do with it.  The fontconfig config file is very
powerful.

Joe

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>

<match target="font">
        <test name="size" compare="less_eq">
                <double>16</double>