Kris Kennaway wrote:
Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
Kris Kennaway wrote:
Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
Elvar wrote:
Hi there,
<snip>

Could someone familiar with -CURRENT perhaps explain why this option (debug.mpsafenet=0) is gone?

Because it was an obsolete option that was complicating the code and holding back further development.

If you are seeing bugs, you need to follow through with obtaining the necessary debugging (see the developers handbook), then submit a PR. Note that if you don't do this then you cannot reasonably expect anyone to fix your problems.

Kris, if a system locks up completely (does not take any input, no dumps, just stop) is there anything one can do in terms of debugging?

 > I would post more information if I knew how to get it.

Of course, and it's documented in the above place.  Did you read it yet?

I've used that information on other occasions but then at least the keyboard was functional. Not sure how to interpret what is says in a proper fashion, I could guess of course: What I see is termed a "deadlock"? I'll definitely try that one on this little bugger then.

Yes.  Break to DDB, then proceed.

Kris