On 2003-02-02 21:09, Alexandros Perdikomatis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> &Sgr;&tgr;&igr;&sfgr; &Kgr;&ugr;&rgr; 02 &PHgr;&egr;&bgr; 2003 14:30, &ogr;/&eegr; Giorgos Keramidas &eacgr;&ggr;&rgr;&agr;&psgr;&egr;:
> > On 2003-01-20 09:11, Alexandros Perdikomatis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I would like to know to which mailing list I could find answers or
> > > post questions about locale support on FreeBSD.
> >
> > This list, freebsd-questions, is good enough.  FWIW, I'm also Greek
> > and I have used el_GR locales for a while.
>
> Dear Mr Giorgo,
>
> I 'd like to thank you for the information. Now, I still didn't find
> anything about greek keyboard or 8bit locale-based text-mode
> terminal.
>
> If this is the right list, please, somebody drop me a like about.

Try using /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/gr.elot.acc.kbd as your console
keyboard map.  This can be enabled by editing /etc/rc.conf and adding
the line:

        keymap="gr.elot.acc"

Then, you will probably want to also set a proper console font, for
viewing greek text.  There is /usr/share/syscons/fonts/iso07-8x16.fnt
which you can use as the default 8x16 font of your virtual ttys by
adding the following to rc.conf:

        font8x16="iso07-8x16"

An alternative keyboard map and font pair can be found at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/files/keramida.el-iso.kbd
http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/files/grfixed

Copy `keramida.el-iso.kbd' in /usr/share/syscons/keymaps and `grfixed'
in /usr/share/syscons/fonts.  Then set in your rc.conf:

        keymap="keramida.el-iso"
        font8x16="grfixed"

The `keramida.el-iso' map allows switching between English and Greek
using the familiar Left_Alt + Shift key combo.