Hello All:

We have a NAS that's running 6.2 with nfds, mountd, rpc_statd, rpcbind and rpc_lockd. Last night we had a scenario where nfs clients, once disconnected, couldn't reconnect to the NAS, reporting RPC timeouts.

We attempted to restart all of the services above in various orders, but we were not able to get the clients reconnected. We ultimately rebooted the NAS server and all was well.

My question is, in troubleshooting this sort of thing, is there a proper sequence for stopping and restarting the various services associated with nfs? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike