Gary Kline wrote:
>       I'm in  the middle of upgrading some platforms and just caught
>       OOo_OOG680_m6_source.tar.bz2 (278MB) being downloaded. The port
>       says that this is OO-2.3, but the build says Ishould have
>       11GB of disk and ~2GB of memory.
>
>       I somehow downloaded OO_2.3 as a package on one platform.  Does
>       this make any sense?  How many of us have 2 gigs of memory?
>       Seems more than a biit irrational to me.  Or did my
>       portupgrade -aP grab the wrong port?

I think the problem is that the build does take so long and so much
resources that the package updates are a bit scarce. The latest I can
see on the mirrors is openoffice.org-2.3.20070910.tbz which doesnt seem
to fit the numbering scheme for the openoffice.org-2 port but does fit
openoffice.org-2-RC which seems a bit odd. I would probably just get the
latest package from the openoffice package site
(ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/2.3.0/i386/FreeBSD6)
and upgrade manually. As a 7.0 user I had to build my own which took a
while.

Vince