On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:05:18 -0800
Greg M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you so much for your response! I don't have the bsd cd. It comes up to
> the boot options 1-8, I think, so how would I get to the bsd version of a dos
> console or single mode you speak of? Thanks again,
> Greg

hi greg,
- please keep the list in CC so others can help / learn / correct me.
- Please do not top post.

u can try to get in with option 4 - single user ...but i am not sure you'll be
able to overwrite the current disk.

you actually don't need the BSD CD - any live   u*x boot cd will do. they
should all have dd and be able to do what i mentioned (just make sure you don't
have the disk mounted, as it may not allow you to write to it).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

Warned.