Si Thu wrote:
Dear freeBSD,

I am running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE on my staging server and having one problem
about FFmpeg.

I have read a lot of documentation and google on the web to get the solution
for how to customize installation for ffmpeg utility. Normally, freeBSD
provides s lot of packages and ports that can be covered the average
requirements.
On my server, I have installed ffmpeg from the provided port with the
command "make install clean". After installation, I am able to encode the
input files from some location of server such "usr/local/bin" and cannot
implement with PHP(I used exec() command). FFmpeg-php is a object oriented
API for PHP and ffmpeg implementation. I was not able to install that API on
freeBSD.

And there are some other configuration such "--enable-shared --enable-gpl"
and other libraries they can use in ffmpeg by configuration with ./configure
command. But I was not able to find how to configure before install ffmpeg.
If you would be able to give me a solution that would be great. I will
really appreciate.

Don't know about ffmpeg-php or anything, as I've never used them. However, you could do a few different things to change the configure arguments. You could just edit the Makefile in the port's directory, or you could define some make variables either through /etc/make.conf or by defining them on the command line like

make -DWITH_SWSCALER

which will do the same thing as configure --enable-swscaler. Look through the Makefile for the defaults (both switches you mentioned are on by default in my ports tree) and all availible switches. Make syntax is simple enough, so you should be able to figure it out without much trouble. Also, you might want to run make configure instead of make install or even just make, since that will run the configure script and then stop, so you can look over the output and adjust as necessary before continuing the build.
Looking forward to get an answer

kind regards,

Sithu
[EMAIL PROTECTED]