On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 10:18:19AM +0100, zbigniew szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Aryeh M. Friedman pisze:
>> > I am not sure I understand the message about remote execution of
>> > arbitrary code.
>> That is just saying that if the security issue is a problem for you
>> don't upgrade (i.e. go ahead if you don't care).
>>
> Thanks but I think I now understand even less :)
> If a security issue is a problem, don't upgrade???

Apparently there is a bug in this port that would allow an attacker from
outside to make cupsd execute his malicious code. Therefore installation
of this port is forbidden as a precaution until a fix is available.

But if you have a firewall that rejects incomming connections or if you
have cupsd set up to deny all connections but local ones this bug
presumably cannot affect you.

> Not sure also how one could go ahead? There is no option to continue. The
> message appears and that's all. I am not given any option.

Upgrade the port once it is fixed. In the meantime block incoming
connections either in cupsd.conf or with your firewall.

Roland