On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Gary Kline wrote:

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 09:51:33PM -0500, Chris Hill wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Gary Kline wrote:

        I've googled aroound, and can't be sure what to add in the
        FStype column to get my DCD/CDROM burners to work.  Ubuntu
        installed ny 2005 burner automagically.  Nothing like that for
        FreeBSD, so can anybody clue me in what I substitute for
        "udf" and "cd9660"?

        This is the old and current fstable:

# DVD drive (top)
/dev/acd0               /media/cdroms/0 udf     ro,noauto       0       0
# CD-burner (bottom)
/dev/acd1               /media/cdroms/1 cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

This works for me (6.3-PRERELEASE):

/dev/acd1      /dvd     cd9660     ro,noauto    0      0
     ^^^^
Obviously that would be acd0 in your case.

HTH.

        Hopefully! I bought TWO burners, tho.  My acd0 is a Pioneer,
        the acd1 is a cheaper "Lite On" (IIRC).

        So, using your schema: would I put

/dev/acd0      /dvd     cd9660  /media/cdroms0   ro,noauto    0      0

        and
/dev/acd1      /dvd     cd9660  /media/cdroms1   ro,noauto    0      0

        or is this at least *close*!

Close, but you were actually closer the first time. I'm assuming you want these discs to appear at /media/cdroms[0|1], whereas I'm mounting my DVD drive at /dvd and my CD drive at /cdrom. This is what I would do, given your mountpoints and devices:

/dev/acd0        /media/cdroms0     cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/acd1        /media/cdroms1     cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
device           mountpoint         filesystem type

See man fstab.

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]