So what could be causing the buildworld to fail? I might have to install from scratch...

gatekeeper# find /usr/src -name "termcap*"
/usr/src/contrib/ncurses/include/termcap.h.in
/usr/src/contrib/perl5/lib/termcap.pl
/usr/src/contrib/tcsh/termcap.vms
/usr/src/etc/termcap.small
/usr/src/lib/libncurses/termcap.c
/usr/src/release/picobsd/mfs_tree/etc/termcap
/usr/src/release/sysinstall/termcap.c
/usr/src/share/termcap
/usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.5
/usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.src

Stephen Hilton wrote:

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:47:04 -0500
I tried searching for termcap via "whereis termcap" on both the affected box, and another box running 4.7-p3, and couldn't find it.
Is termcap a file?

Stephen Hilton wrote:

----------------------

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -ltermcap

This represents "-l termcap"

# find /usr/src -name "termcap*"
/usr/src/contrib/ncurses/include/termcap.h.in
/usr/src/contrib/perl5/lib/termcap.pl
/usr/src/contrib/tcsh/termcap.vms
/usr/src/etc/termcap.small
/usr/src/lib/libncurses/termcap.c
/usr/src/release/picobsd/mfs_tree/etc/termcap
/usr/src/release/sysinstall/termcap.c
/usr/src/release/sysinstall/termcap.o
/usr/src/share/termcap
/usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.5