Can you use brandelf to read the elf type of a binary? The man page shows a usage that might possibly do this, but doesn't bother to say what that usage does.

To be honest, I need to do some work with the linux stuff, and the usage of /compat/linux and /usr/compat/linux, well, I don't understand, and I haven't seen a good enough explanation yet. Stuff like the ld.so.conf file to configure linux's ldconfig, it assumes the /compat/linux prefix. Do all the binaries do that? I mean, the browser files, they use a sh scri[t to kick them off, do they use that prefix, or assume stuff?

I need to know this so I can keep going forward on getting flash to work.