Not really true.  It depends on what your charging.  If your charging
the equivalent of $4.99 a month USD for a light duty site then your
customers
are cheapskates who are going to be satisfied with whatever you give
then, commercial or not.

The commercial control panels are appropriate for hosts that are
charging some real money for the service.

Ted