  From: Tek Bahadur Limbu
  To: Ovi
  Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
  Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:09 AM
  Subject: Re: Open Source softwares in FreeBSD for web hosting platform

  Hi Ovi,

  Ovi wrote:
  > Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:
  >
  >> Hi All,
  >>
  >> I know that this question has been asked on this list in the past. So
  >> I am sorry for repeating it.
  >>
  >> However, I would like to know the current answers and views on this
  >> question.
  >>
  >> Basically, I want to know which software you might be using as a Site
  >> configuration and management application for web hosting services.
  >>
  >> It will be used primarily to control about 500-1000 virtual domains.
  >>
  >> I know that there are Cpanel and Plesk which are very good commercial
  >> softwares catering the needs for a good web based management tool.
  >>
  >> So far, I have only tried out RAQdevil http://www.raqdevil.com/
  >>
  >> It seems good but is quite limited in it's features.
  >>
  >> So I would like to know more open source softwares used for this type
  >> of services.
  >>

  >> Thanking you...
  >>

  > We are using syscp and it works well. (you will need to modify it to
  > suit your needs, the source code is clean and easy to modify).
  > Any open source software you try, it is not 100% complete (as far as I
  > know, from my experience with open source web panels), so you will have
  > to modify the code. The bad thing with syscp is that dns server is not
  > configurable from web interface (there is a patch, but it allows you to
  > modify DNS only from admin account, which is not good, I think you will
  > need regular users to be able to configure their own dns servers), so
  > this is one thing you must add. I asume you need 3 types of accounts,
  > admin account, reseller account and user account.
  > http://www.syscp.org/

  I have heard about syscp and will definitely try it once. But I am not
  very familiar with coding. Apart of the DNS configurations, do we need
  to hack the code?

  By the way, how many virtual domains are you currently managing with syscp?

  Thanking you...

  --

  With best regards and good wishes,

  Yours sincerely,

  Tek Bahadur Limbu

  System Administrator

  (TAG/TDG Group)
  Jwl Systems Department

  Worldlink Communications Pvt. Ltd.

  Jawalakhel, Nepal

  http://www.wlink.com.np

  http://teklimbu.wordpress.com

              Total Control Panel Login

                    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Remove this sender from my allow list

              You received this message because the sender is on your allow
list.