Rodolfo Pellegrino wrote:
On Nov 28, 2007 2:29 PM, Laszlo Nagy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi All,

My network configuration is a bit odd:

Internet ------- SMC Hardware Router --------
(192.168.1.0/225.255.255.0) ----------- FreeBSD Gateway -----------
(192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0) ----------- Client computer

- skype is running on the client computer.
- The FreeBSD Gateway is a computer with two NIC cards, running natd,
and named
- The client computer is 6.3-PRERELEASE i386 using linux compatibility
mode for skype

I can access everything on the internet from the client. Here are some
things that I tried:

- ping
- nslookup
- smtp
- imaps
- www

All the above work fine. However, when I try to login with skype, it
tells me "Logging in failed". When I try to register a new user, it
tells me "Register failed" with friendly red letters.

Do you have any idea what is the problem with my configuration? It might
be that skype cannot do NAT traversal through two NATs?

BTW, the client computer uses NFS to mount /, but I hope this is not
related to the problem.

Thanks,

  Laszlo

Lazlo,

     I've found a similar problem, but in Skype there are a configuration in
"Tools" that tells Skype the port to use. Try port 80 as I did and worked.
All items in the "tools" menu are greyed out for me, except for "Select Language". I see an item called "Options..." but it is not available.

Skype version is:  1.2.0.18_API

Thanks,

  Laszlo