Brian wrote:
Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

7-Beta3 vanilla install from CD, I let sysinstall do "automatic" partitions and slices, then stops at "F1 FreeBSD" prompt and beeps. Obviously it cannot find anything to boot from.

System is a SA6i RAID5-array with 6x300GB disks. Possibly I need to enter drive geometry manually but have no idea where to get that info from, perhaps somebody knows where to look?

i386 does not boot either - same
A RAID1+0 array with 4x36GB disks boots fine both amd64 and i386.

Right. If I create two slices, one 50G and one 1.3T and use the first for /, /var etc. then the system will boot.

I would assume from the above that I could perhaps use some other utility to create a big single slice.

Is the 2TB max implied here still true?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-August/095504.html

Could be but I have *less* than 2TB...