On Monday 24 December 2007 01:11:12 pm Jeremy Gransden wrote:
> On 12/24/07, Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > i have been wanting to set up the ability to open an entirely new x
> > session to
> > another box, in a window of my currently running session.  xnest is one
> > way
> > of doing this, but i was wondering if there are any others (perhaps, a
> > little
> > easier to configure and get going) ?
> >
> > cheers,
> > --
> > Jonathan Horne
> > http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>
> Can you forward X through ssh? Or is that not what you are looking for?
>

> thanks,
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

i did finally get ssh to forwared X, but it only worked with

ssh -Y [host]

im not sure yet why ssh -X doesnt work, but ive not yet finished reading about
the ins and outs of what security settings im overriding with the -Y.

i was able to start xclock as a test.  but what i would really like to be able
to accomplish, would be to get the entire 'startx' to work over an ssh
session, and have it open as another window on my desktop.

cheers,
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org