Thanks. I feel stupid now (through my own stupidity and not the fault
of anyone here but me).

I should have looked at that before. I have always done a minimal
install of FreeBSD (well, for 6.1 and 6.2, didn't use FreeBSD before
that), and have not had any problems getting the man pages before. Is
this new, or is my memory going/gone?

-Jim