Aslak Evang wrote:
I've used samba a lot for browsing my freebsd drives with my windows pc's,
but whats the best way to do it the other way around? I've read about
smbclient, but I've been told in Linux there are kernel modules you can
load to be able to browse windows network shares like you would "normally"
in a windows network neighbourhood.
Don't know the Linux app you're referring to.  But there's also sharity-lite
and smbfs (see man page for mount_smbfs).

Also I've heard that there's some sort of app for KDE that let's you
do it as well? Can anyone enlighten me?
Konquerer (the KDE browser) allows you to surf SMB shares just like
"network neighborhood" on Win.  I believe it requires that Samba be
installed on the local machine.  I've noted its existence, but never
used it.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies