On Fri, Jan 11, 2008, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
>Kris Kennaway wrote:
>>Darren Pilgrim wrote:
>>>I'm unable to unmount an idle filesystem (or even drop it to
>>>read-only):
>>># umount -f /usr/ports
>>>umount: unmount of /usr/ports failed: Device busy
>>>
>>># mount -o ro /usr/ports
>>>mount: /dev/da0s1fp2: Operation not permitted
>>>
>>># uname -r
>>>6.2-RELEASE-p8
>>
>>Strange, can you break to DDB and do 'show lockedvnods'?
>
>I don't have the necessary options compiled into the kernel.  I'll
>build a kernel with the KDB and DDB options and hope the problem
>recurs.

Have you tried ``lsof /usr/ports''? to see what process(es)
are using that device?

Bill

If the government can take a man's money without his consent, there is no
limit to the additional tyranny it may practise upon him; for, with his
money, it can hire soldiers to stand over him, keep him in subjection,
plunder him at discretion, and kill him if he resists.
        Lysander Spooner, 1852