Sten Daniel Soersdal wrote:
I'm having troubles updating my buildworld and i've had troubles narrowing it down on google.

My question is:

Is there any way i could update the system in the state it is now?
(Preferably without reinstalling the entire system from scratch.)

PS. I've heard about freebsd-update but never got it to work (see below)

I have never used freebsd-update so I can't comment there. I think that's a binary update though. You are trying to build from source.

I would use cvsup to update my source tree to 7.0-RELEASE. Since your initial sources are before Sep 19, they are not 7.0-RELEASE. Read about cvsup in the handbook. Look at the example files in /usr/share/examples/cvsup. The I would run 'make clean' and 'make buildworld' all over again.

Except for creating a newfs and tweaking files in /etc, building the world is pretty much installing the entire system.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Be careful about the cvs tag that you use. RELENG_7_0_0_RELEASE is what you will eventually want. If that tag has not yet been set by releng@, then you will delete your sources. I recommend '-d 20' with cvsup to protect yourself from accidental deletions. RELENG_7 is probably what you want until 7.0 is actually released.

Regards,
Jason