Oren Almog wrote:

         > Hi
         >
         > When are new binary packages available? Are they compiled
        only at RELEASEs?

        No, they are compiled and updated continuously.

        Kris

    Thanks.

    I understand that the RELEASE directory contains only packages that
    were compiled with a specific version was released. Can you explain
    the differences between port directories for stable and current?

    Will I find different packages on
    /pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-7-current and
    /pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-current? What about
    /pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable ?

    I can't find this in the handbook, I apologize in case it's there
    and I missed it.

    Oren

Ok. I think I just figured out that the only difference is that the packages were compiled against a specific version such a 7,8,stable, current etc... So, if a certain package is updated to a new version will it be compiled for all branches except for releases? How often are packages compiled?

In a loop, period is a couple of days to a couple of weeks depending on your architecture.

Kris