Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
one last question if I may...

2008/2/26, Zbigniew Szalbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
2008/2/26, Andreas Rudisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:06:27 +0100 (CET)
 >  Wojciech Puchar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >
 >  > > Also, I have always used:
 >  > > make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
 >  > > make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
 >  >
 >  > strange way unless building new system.
 >

 > Not really.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html

Thank you very much to all who responded! I am on my way to build
 custom kernel. I really appreciate the support I am (in fact we're
 all) getting here!

Build and install process both done. Build finished with a message
confirming its success. However, last 3 lines of install proces are:

===> zlib (install)
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   zlib.ko /boot/kernel
kldxref /boot/kernel

I cannot remember from previous times if this is the way kernel
install ends... I have planned reboot early in the morning when I turn
up in office (just in case) but I thought I would ask if it is not
they way kernel install is supposed to complete its job.

Thank you for your patience!

Have just now discovered more options to shutdown. Amazing how many
useful things there are around here... :)

Absolutely, and you are now ready to reboot and enjoy your new system :)