Thank you all, that exactly what I needed.

-fred-

On Mar 7, 2008, at 12:43 PM, beni wrote:

On Friday 07 March 2008 20:08:29 Fred C wrote:
I have one of my disks over heating and I would like to monitor the
disk temperature. Is there any way to get the disk S.M.A.R.T
information on FreeBSD?

-fred-

The smartmontools in sysutils/smartmontools :
The smartmontools package contains two utility programs (smartctl and smartd) to control and monitor storage systems using the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System (S.M.A.R.T.) built into most modern ATA and SCSI hard disks. It is derived from the smartsuite package, and includes
support for ATA/ATAPI-5 disks.

WWW: http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

--
Beni.

Fred C!
PGP-KeyID: E7EA02EC3B487EE9
PGP-FingerPrint: A906101E2CCDBB18D7BD09AEE7EA02EC3B487EE9